Thursday, February 28, 2008

3 going on 16



When did my little girl grow up? Lately Kinley has been giving me teenager attitude but of course in the sweetest way possible. Here are a few of her latest:

Kaden: (spits at Kinley)
Kinley: "Kaden no spitting, or you will get soap in your mouth"
Kaden: (spits again)
Kinley: " Kaden do you want soap in your mouth?"
Kaden: "no"
Kinley: "Then don't spit, I already told you that."

After getting in trouble and being sent to her room, she stands outside her door and says "I am never, never coming out of my room again." After about 3 minutes she comes out and says "I changed my mind."

Mom: "Kinley will you please go put your shoes on."
Kinley: "Whatever Mom."
Mom: "Kinley that doesn't sound nice when you talk to Mom that way."
Kinley: "Sorry, I mean whatever you say Mom."

Mom: "Kinley, can I have a kiss?"
Kinley: "No"
Mom: "Thats not nice, you are my big girl, I love to give you kisses."
Kinley: "I don't want to be your girl anymore, I want to be Daddy's girl and Kaden can be your boy."

Oh my goodness, what am I going to do when she is 16? Kaden is not lacking in the bossy trait either. Here is his latest:

Mom: "Time for prayer."
Kaden: " No mom, listen, you get trouble, 1,2,3....13" followed by a love tackle.
Mom: "He only gets to 3, I get all the way to 13."(not to mention how impressed I was that he could count to 13.)

Oh the joys of children...gotta love it.

4 comments:

Kandis said...

Those are too funny! I totally loved the conversation play by plays. I don't look forward to those days with Kenedee!

kemptons said...

Girls are so funny. Mine are the same way. The other day my daughter Mikelle got mad at her brother and said. Katon, you just need to grow up! Where do they learn this stuff!

Shanana said...

Yeah. It gets better, trust me! Nathan's voice changed, and he suddenly turned into the kid I always dreaded having. Where do they go so fast?

Maren said...

She looks too cute to say things like that! So funny!