Thursday, April 12, 2007

emergency visit to AZ

Well my Grandpa Tony passed away last week and we got to go home for his funeral. Although it could have been under better circumstances, my Grandpa lived a good life of 91 years. He wanted to go home and see his wife and Father in Heaven. It was nice to have a funeral be sort of a celebration. I got to see almost all of my 60 cousins. (or close to 60) It was a beautiful service. Candice, Maren and Kelly sang the song "No Empty Chairs" and it was touching. What a perfect time to return home on Easter weekend. It was nice to reflect on why we celebrate Easter and think of how happy my Grandpa must be. I have a lot of memories at my Grandparents house that I will forever treasure. They were amazing people.






Kinley loved getting to go home and see her Grandparents. My dad actually asked her to get some duct tape. (because she wouldn't stop talking) and she said OK and came to me and said "Mom, Grandpa wants a cupcake" She made him a pretend sandwich with red peanut butter and a donut so big he had to use two hands to eat it. She loves that Grandma D always has sweets. So many people brought pies to my parents house Kinley had to join in on the fun.

1 comments:

Candice said...

Oh my word- Kinley cracks me right up!!! Its like having a live-in comedian in your home!! :)