Sunday, April 20, 2008

a new tradition

Donuts with candles for breakfast on your birthday.


Kinley with 4 candles. A bittersweet event seeing as all young children must stop sucking their thumbs at 4. (Don't you dare tell her otherwise.)


Kaden enjoying a birthday donut, one of the few foods he doesn't have to be coaxed into eating.


My birthday with 2 and 6 candles. Yep, 26 years old. You know you are getting old when you have to put your candles in one of the rectangular donuts.


Kinley and Kaden's finished products. As you can see, they ate the top halves of their donuts - the part with the frosting. Apparently, plain donut is not even "junk food" enough for our kids. Diabetes here we come.

5 comments:

Andrea and Blake said...

HAPPY 26th BIRTHDAY! We are so old huh! We were crazy busy yesterday and you probably were too! I hope you had an enjoyable relaxing day... You look great and hopefully we'll get to see you and your new little Konnor soon! love ya

Ervien Family said...

That looks like so much fun. I can't wait until we get to start new traditions with our kids. You look awesome. Happy Birthday!

Annie and Jason said...

I officially suck. Happy Birthday katie lady. I guess we are even this year. My dad was in town and it was crazy but I hope you had a great day.
Ann

allie said...

one word: jealous! I never got to eat a pink frosted donut for my birthday... EVER! LUCKY kids :o) Hope you're getting all the rest you need! Happy anniversary too, five years and 3 children. You are my hero!

Maren said...

I love the birthday donut idea! And of course you're as thin as ever with a 2 week old baby!