Thursday, March 6, 2008

Preterm Labor

Just a little update on the pregnancy. Tuesday I had contractions all day so I waited until Jordon got home, ate dinner and went to lay down. I slept OK, but when I woke up I was still having them, so I decided to call and see if he would want me to get checked. My doctor sent me to the hospital to get tested. I was having contractions every 4 minutes when I got there, they got closer and stronger, so the on call Dr. gave me an IV, penicilin (in case I have strept B), Nefidipine (to stop the contractions), and a shot to help develop the babys lungs. They did a FFN and it came back negative. Hooray! So, they waited a few hours until my contractions stopped and then sent me home, with instructions to of course "take it easy". I was not dialated, but very soft. So, I had to go back today for the second dose to help the lungs. I was again having contractions but this time every 1-2 minutes. They gave me another dose of Nefidipine and a prescription to take home with me and take one 3 times a day until my appt on Tuesday. They gave me my shot, and got the contractions to stop. They also checked my fluid. I guess normal range is 8-25 and mine is 10. So it is on the low side, but still in normal range. So here we are, sitting at home. Jordon on his way to AZ for an interview and my sweet mother in law here to help me. I am 34 weeks, so I need at least two more weeks. I am already totally tired of sitting around doing nothing, but of course this babies health is first priority. Wish me luck!

13 comments:

Susan said...

How scary!! You take it easy and keep that baby inside.

Lopez-kids said...

Aghhh! That is what happened to Melissa. They put her on bedrest and got the contractions to stop. I guess Maryn decided since they didn't want her to come early, she was going to come late. She ended up being a week late I think! :-) We will keep you in our prayers!

Jess said...

Hang in their Katie! Desi was a 34 weeker, but my water broke first so I had to stay. Her lungs were fully developed after one shot. I'll keep you in my prayers!

kemptons said...

I hope that baby can stay in for a little longer. Hope all goes well when the day comes!

Andrea and Blake said...

Holy Moly, I hope things go well and you are able to keep that little guy inside for a few more weeks! Hey maybe you'll have a March baby instead of another April...Good luck and keep us updated!

xx said...

Well good luck to you and I cant wait to hear how things go for you. Soon enough you gonna be a mom of 3..crazy. Hang in there and keep us all posted!

Danielle Christene said...

Hey! I don't know if you remember me or not... I am one of Jerica's friends. I was "blog surfing" and found yours and just wanted to say hello. It has been a long time since I have seen you guys, obviously, last I knew you only had your little girl. Your kids are adorable, and congratulations on the new one :) You have a very cute family.

Shanana said...

Hang in there. Hopefully we'll get to see you Tuesday!

Christina said...

Yikes! Take care of yourself and the little one...we'll be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

you're in my thoughts & prayers, katie.
malinda

Colton and Ashley said...

GOOD LUCK! I don't think I could be that patient. I'm a wuss. I would be freaking out! I guess this is your 3rd and you are a pro so....keep up the good work!

Annie said...

Take it easy kiddo...and that's coming from someone who has been there. Just two more weeks and then you can do whatever you want.

Carl and Amber said...

It is amazing what they can do to help! A good friend here was on bedrest for two months (on constant labor-stopping medication), and then when she was ready to have the baby, it just wouldn't come! She ended up walking into the hospital with no labor and having a scheduled c-section. You just never know what your timing is supposed to be. Good luck! Too bad the next vampire books don't come out for a few more months!