Thursday, March 29, 2007

All in a Day in the Life of a Mother



Well, the day started off bumpy with my neighbor giving a not-so-friendly pounding on my floor this morning at 8:30 am. The kids and I were just getting ready for the day, eating breakfast, etc. which apparently causes too much noise for someone who knowingly rented an APARTMENT on the FIRST FLOOR. I don't know what his problem is but I think he either needs ear plugs, needs to wake up earlier, or needs to move.

Then I taught joy school. This would have been fine except I was so worried that my neighbor would get mad that I think it kept the kids from having much fun. Joy school today was about being unique so all the kids shared thier favorite things as well as a talent. Kinley sang her ABC's, her favorite color is pink, and her favorite food is cheese crips. We also sang a song about everyone being different that Kinley shared with her dad when he got home.

After a not-near-long-enough nap for my kids I took them to Corte Madera mall to meet up with some friends. Apparently the flowers at Corte Madera mall were much to tempting to my sweet Kinley. She kept picking them! I threatened to go home and everything else I could think of but nothing seemed to work. About the same time I was ready to pull my hair out, I decided to explain to Kinley that Heavenly Father put those flowers there for everyone to see and enjoy. She responded with, "Heavenly Father is my friend" and didn't touch any more flowers. YEESH!!!

After months of bothering her father to let her "push the buddons," Kinley finally got her father to give in and teach her to play on the computer. She played the online sasame street games and was actually better at moving the mouse and clicking than we thought she would be. Kaden learned that if he runs and hides from his sister, she is less likely to take whatever it is he has a the moment.

The night, however, went much easier with the kids in bed and a quiet evening. (although Kinley did end up getting in trouble for screaming too much, then got OUT of bed to join me in my bed to read stories at 10:00 p.m. while Jordon studied downstairs.) :) What a day! i cant wait to start over tomorrow!!!

1 comments:

xx said...

I just love starting out like that. We will forever be in an ongoing battle with my downstairs neighbors. At least yours dont blast music in spite of you. Just a little bit longer here...right?