Monday, August 10, 2009

First day of Kindergarten



I can't believe I just dropped my 5 year old off at school. She was so excited. She couldn't fall asleep last night, it was like Christmas. She woke up this morning and said "I can't watch cartoons mom, I have to get ready for school." She had one bowl of cereal and I asked her if she wanted another bowl , she said she didn't have time, she had to get ready for school. She only had to be asked once to get dressed, come get her hair combed and her teeth brushed. We walked her to her class and she waved and said goodbye. No tears, not even a second glance. She was ready and excited. I was not really sad, but I did feel a little weird about the whole thing. She seems to little, she is still my baby. There is no way she is old enough for school. I hope she loves it, learns a lot and has that same passion for school when she gets to high school :) 

9 comments:

Zach and Sarah said...

Kinley, we hope you had a wonderful first day of kindergarten! Was it fun? Do you like your teacher? We love you!

Shanana said...

Let's just hope she stays that motivated for the next 13 years of school! Great pictures!

Chelsea Bevans said...

Yeah!!!!! A Girl!!!!! I bet Kinley is so excited! When is your due date again?

Bethany said...

Isn't it nuts! Definitely a day of mixed emotions, but when you see how proud they are to be so grown-up you can't help but be excited for them. Congrats on a little girl! That makes even teams in the Green household.

Tanner and Shasta said...

Hey Girlie! Oh my gosh Kinley is beautiful! Your boys are precious as well! I can't believe you are on your fourth baby! Congrats!

Dana Bradshaw said...

A little late looking at your blog. Sorry---Kinley looks darling as always and I know she loves school. I also know she is soooo excited to have a baby sister! Love you!

Brett Bailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brett Bailey said...

Wow, some beautiful things happening at your house. What a darling Kindergartener. You are so blessed to be having another girl! Kathleen

keep klein-man said...

She is so sweet. I just love that little girl. Thanks for having such a sweet little one.
Shelly