Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Top Ten for the summer

I have been terrible at my Top Tens but here is what I can remember over the summer:

1. Kaden is potty trained! After one failed attempt, it only took about 3 days on the second try.

2. Rocky Point with the Green family. Beautiful resort and lots of relaxation.

3. Utah with the Bradshaw family. The water fight was the best. The ultimate frisbee kicked my butt, seriously after about 10 minutes I thought I was going to puke.

4. Moving into our new house, I love it. Let me tell you though, I can not keep this house clean. It is never ending...but I love love love the space we have.

5. 24th of July weekend in Snowflake. We have missed it for the last three years so it was fun to finally be able to attend. Kaden won the diaper dash and I participated in a fashion show.....(don't ask).

6. Kaden is talking so much. His new thing is "I be hungry" "I be cold" or my personal favorite "Mom, you be beautiful." Jordon suspects he watches MTV while we are not around. (He also refuses to be called cute...only cool.)

7. Konnor is rolling over and gaining weight. He is a happy baby that sleeps, eats, laughs, cries, rolls, and just melts your heart. We did get thrush though, and I have to say I thought I was going to die.

8. Kinley starts preschool and dance this week and is very excited. She is learning how to read and is my big helper.

9. The other day I left my kids in their pajamas all day so I could try and clean the house. When night came, Kinley said "I need to get dressed." I told her to go in her room and put on a different pair of pajamas. She was very upset and said, "Mom, its morning time!" I told her "No, it's almost bed time." At this point she was now totally crying and said, "Did we miss morning?" (At least staying in our pajamas is not a normal thing, so it really threw her off.)

10. Kinley and Kaden no longer suck their thumbs! Hooray for Mavala STOP (the yucky stuff we put on their thumbs). We've tried different kinds before but Jordon finally found this on the Web. Being good parents, we put a little on our own fingers to try it before we used it on the kids. The stuff is distustingly unnatural tasting! Jordon now recommends it to patients.

11. We just spent Labor Day weekend at my family's cabin in Forrest Lakes. Dr. Bowman let us borrow his Yamaha Rhino. It was a blast. We had lots of fun and enjoyed the gorgeous weather.

I feel like I failed the last few months in remembering the cute and funny things my kids have said but I have been a little busy getting this house put together. I will try to do better.

7 comments:

Andrea and Blake said...

you need to post pictures of your new house, i'm excited you finally have your "own" space and can do as you please! hope you are enjoying the Prescott area!

buddyandsarahaws said...

I like #9, its something I can see Chloe saying. Kids say the funniest things.

christina said...

Hey, wanna come over and potty train Hudson? I'm starting to feel pressure now that all the kids close to his age are potty trained, or at least considering the possibility. Congrats on that one. It looks like you guys are having lots of fun!

Zach and Sarah said...

Seriously . . . pictures, please!!

Shanana said...

I love the thumb sucking deterrant. I had never heard of that product before, and have parents ask me how to get their kids to stop the habit all the time! So thanks for catching us up on your summer exploits, but also thanks for adding to my pediatric dental education!

Annie and Jason said...

You do the greatest top 10's. I miss our laughs. Kinley has your total personality humor wise, Hope you love your new house because I am sure still stuck in my tiny apartment.. Call me when you have time we need to do "real" catch up time. I want to hear about the san Fran finale.

Tye & Tara Thompson Family said...

Katie, I miss seeing your kids. They are so cute. Call me when you are in town it would be so fun to get the kids together!